Six great confusions still unresolved
- At a movie theater, which ‘arm rest’ is yours?
- In the word scent, is “S” silent or “C”?
- If people evolve from monkeys, why are monkeys still around?
- Why is there a ‘D’ in fridge, but not in refrigerator?
- Who knew what time it was when the first clock was made?
- If pro and con are opposites, wouldn’t the opposite of progress be…congress?
Vagaries of English Language!-
- Wonder why the word funeral starts with FUN?
- Why isn’t a Fireman called a Water-man?H
- ow come Lipstick doesn’t do what it says?
- If money doesn’t grow on trees, how come Banks have Branches?
- If a Vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a Humanitarian eat?
- How do you get off a non-stop Flight?
- Why are goods sent by ship called CARGO and those sent by truck SHIPMENT?
- Why do we put cups in the dishwasher and the dishes in the Cupboard?
- Why do doctors ‘practice’ medicine? Are they having practice at the cost of the patients?
- Why is it called ‘Rush Hour’ when traffic moves at its slowest then?
- How come Noses run and Feet smell?
- Why do they call it a TV ‘set’ when there is only one?W
- hat are you vacating when you go on a vacation?
We can never find the answers, can we? So just enjoy the pun and fun of the English language!!